Regional Information Management Specialist
DRC WANALAC is looking for an Information Management Specialist to harmonize DRC's program data collection, processing, analysis and dissemination system.
This includes technical support and information management support to field teams, production of high quality information management products for humanitarian needs assessment, reporting, advocacy and support for internal monitoring and evaluation.
The specific objectives are as follows :
- Ensure that the data collection and analysis tools are adapted to the objectives of the interventions.
- Support teams in the analysis of qualitative data related to risks (vulnerabilities, threats and capacities) and changes (behaviours, strengths and position of actors).
- Support external research processes and the relationship with research firms.
- Ensure the transformation of information into advocacy and produce information documents / studies for regional and national actors.
The regional information management specialist is under the direct supervision of the regional MEAL coordinator and works in close collaboration with the technical coordinators of the regional office and the program and MEAL teams in the countries of intervention of DRC in the region.
Tasks and responsibilities
Ensure that the data collection and analysis tools are adapted to the objectives of the interventions.
- Establish a program information management system and ensure consistency across country-level tools in the region.
- Ensure the protection and appropriate management of data in line with the principles of IM (information management).
- Ensure the link with MEAL teams and country information management
- Integrate collection tools, information management with digital systems (dynamic dashboards, geographic information systems (GIS) or any other web system that reflects sectoral interventions and type of organization)
- Support country information products and develop regional products
Support teams in analyzing data related to risks (vulnerabilities, threats and capacities) and in adapting interventions accordingly
- Support for action-research systems in projects.
- Support field teams in their understanding of tools and data. Technical link with national PIMs, technical coordinators and MEALs.
- Periodically perform data quality checks on country projects
- Support the MEAL country teams in monitoring and processing data to enable the sharing of certified information, in time, with the program teams in order to allow them to adapt their interventions as needed (adaptive management).
Ensure the transformation of information into advocacy products and produce information documents / studies for regional and national actors.
- Ensure the collection, analysis and presentation of certified information in order to support structured advocacy, information or institutional positioning campaigns.
- Develop documents presenting the analyses, hypotheses and actions based on the data collected.