Project Manager – Cape Town, South Africa or Dakar, Senegal
About Us :
Dimagi is a social enterprise that builds software solutions and provides technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Dimagi partners alongside governments, leading NGOs, and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, and the World Bank to tackle complex health and social inequities.
Our open-source technology platform, CommCare, is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers.
To date, Dimagi’s team of project managers, engineers, and health experts has supported over 2,000 projects in 80 countries.
About the position :
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Solutions team. This position can be based out of our country office in Cape Town, South Africa or remote working in Dakar, Senegal.
This role is a 6-month fixed-term position with a possibility of renewal depending on project requirements.
In this role, you will take on accountability for the optimal design and development of mobile applications built on our flagship platform.
This position will ensure the appropriate management of all business requirements, coordinating expectations across multiple stakeholders, and implementing all technical deliverables as per the specifications in a timely fashion.
You will be working in an agile environment, alongside a dynamic, multi-skilled team of developers, engineers, public health and development specialists.
We are seeking individuals who are eager to work with a diverse team in an exciting work environment and want to use their technical background and project management knowhow to get things done.
You will have the opportunity to work on the frontline with community health workers, manage digital health products and technologies (like,,, and), deliver solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives, and help deploy these mobile applications throughout Africa.
- Oversee technical design and development of creative mobile technology solutions together with your project team, which includes :
- Project scoping to combine technical and non-technical workflows to build a sustainable solution that works for users in low-resource settings.,
- Responsible for managing the app building process by overseeing a team of resources
- Manage project quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Create process and workflow mapping, diagrams, use cases, and other documents in support of projects.
- Develop, maintain, and complete project documentation, including project plans, risk log, issues log, post-project reviews, etc.
- Liaison between our engineers and our end users.
- Provide project management guidance, training and mentoring to improve the effectiveness of the app building process through best practice
- Work together with the Project Management Office to continuously improve the Project Management methodology from a technical standpoint
Minimum Requirements :
- 5+ years of experience in project management, preferably managing technical projects with experience on technical designs for software solutions.
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting and managing requirements from different stakeholders and delivering against those.
- Must be technically savvy and enjoy the design process to build applications that meet business goals and objectives.
- Experience working in and coordinating with dynamic teams.
- Self-motivated results-oriented team player.
- Demonstrated reliability to predict time expectancy on job completion, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to manage company and developer expectations through honest and timely updates.
- Analytics and process-driven thinker.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Interest in making a social impact.
- Professional fluency in English
Bonus skills :
- Agile experience
- Leadership experience in the adoption of best practices
- Previous experience working within project management for software developers
- Experience in delivering enterprise software implementations
- Experience with systems integration and / or databases
- Data analysis experience
- Experience with system and scenario flow diagrams, functional user assessments and testing, architecture and content structure and functional specification
- One additional language is advantageous (e.g. French, Portuguese, Kiswahili, Xhosa, etc.)
To Apply :
If interested, please include your CV and cover letter in English on the application link below :