Multi-country Civil Society Capacity Strengthening Officer
TITLE : Multi-country Civil Society Capacity Strengthening Officer
Contract Type : Regular
TEAM / PROGRAMME : SIDA CSO Civil Society Strengthening Programme
LOCATION : DAKAR (+50% travel)
CONTRACT LENGTH : 2 years
CHILD SAFEGUARDING :
Level 3 : the post holder will have contact with children and / or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.
g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking / vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE : Save the Children works across a broad range of partners as per our Theory of Change and our partnership principles.
Key strategic directions include building a diverse partnership characterised by equality and complementarity, enabling children and youth led organisations and their voices to be at the forefront, and scaling climate change, adaption and resilience approaches.
SCOPE OF ROLE :
Reports to : Regional CSO Partnerships Advisor
Staff reporting to this post : NO
Budget Responsibilities : NA
Role Dimensions :
- External : local CSOs, Child-led organization, networks, INGOs, experts, SC country programs with extensive knowledge and experiences in OCA, OCD and partnership-based programming.
- Internal : Program Coordination Group, Program Implementation Unit, Partnership and OCD Champions Network, Awards unit, Finance unit, HR, TEs, and MEAL and KM.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Support in OCA tool development
- Support and Coordinate OCA and OCD activities :
- Develop and Promote Online Cross Learning Platform for OCD
- Support Partners’ Organizational Development and Capacity Strengthening
- Support Partnership Management
- General :
- Participate in internal and external meetings, workshops, training.
- Any other tasks required by the supervisor.
Relevant university degree (International Human Rights and Humanitarian Law, Child Right, Political Science, Anthropology, Sociology or other Social Science, International Development, etc.)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 5 years working experience in development field, with at least 2 years’ experience in capacity building and partnership-based programming.
- Experience of developing, rolling out and capacity strengthening on organisational procedures, tools and guidance.
- Familiar with partnership management, partnership principles, partnership brokering, participatory approaches and the localisation agenda.
- Excellent training / facilitation, negotiation, conflict handling, presentation, networking and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of and credibility with local and national NGO partners.
- A full understanding of political, economic and social contexts of West Africa.
- An understanding of and commitment to, the aims of SC as an organisation working for social change and active in the promotion of the rights of the child.
- Excellent written and verbal French and English.
- Experience in capacity development online platform will be an added value.
- Proven knowledge and skill on the use of computer applications such as MS excel, word and power point.
- Ability to do multi-tasking, set priorities, and maintain positive attitude.
- Solid experience in remote management and implementation in complex and insecure environments.
- Strong skills in staff management, moderation, conflict resolution and capacity-building.
- Familiarity with humanitarian assistance and long-term development work in order to communicate effectively with partners.
- Knowledge of the localisation agenda and experience in working with national partners and capacity building.
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Familiar with accountability and feedback mechanisms including for children.
Depuis le 18/06/2022
Fermé le 26/09/2022