Cloud Solutions Architect : Remote or Abroad Opportunity
Join FX as a Solutions Architect to structure the IT environment of our clients by maximizing the return on investment of cloud solutions.
Our value proposition :
Quality of work life (QWL) : We place our people at the heart of our culture by leading with purpose and humanity. Everyone here works together towards common goals, from the management team to the delivery team.
A few statistics : 98% recommend FX as a great place to work. FX recognizes the importance of creating a work environment in which employees thrive and do meaningful work.
96% say they have an excellent trusting relationship with their manager. Trust being vital in every human relationship, FX recognizes it as the solid floor on which the rest of the manager-employee relationships are build and promotes the bond of trust between them.
100% of employees say that FX is a very inclusive environment. FX offers a welcoming and open work environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
- Flexibility & trust : FX have taken the decision to give its employees the choice to work from home or remotely. With these new, favorable remote work policies for the duration of the current pandemic and beyond, there has never been a better time to be a digital nomad.
- Training and career paths : Continuous development initiatives are available to all. Your opportunities for growth are equal to your ambitions.
- The strength of its technology partner ecosystem : FX is the largest Canadian player to have formal certifications and partnerships with Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud and ServiceNow.
And of course, all the things you'd expect, such as competitive salaries, a full range of benefits such as a group insurance plan tailored to your needs, a financial package for your health, wellness and RRSP account, a telemedicine service and more.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities :
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in medium to large enterprise size cloud and virtualization environments;
- Ability to translate architectural requirements into implementation details;
- Ability to develop effective processes, documentation and knowledge sharing with both colleagues and clients;
- Strong communication, collaboration, peer, client and partner support skills;
- Exceptional problem solving skills;
- Bilingual (oral, written) in English and French;
- Passionate about the cloud, persuasive and able to quickly establish interest and credibility in the design, deployment and operation of cloud-based architectures;
- Detail and results oriented, organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Ability to be decisive, provide firm and clear perspectives with confidence while remaining flexible;
- Positive and professional attitude.
Here are some specifications about the technical skills we are looking for :
- Expertise in native (Cloud) services;
- Excellent knowledge of cloud components and infrastructure (server, storage, network, data and applications) to provide end-to-end cloud infrastructure architectures and designs;
- Experience with designing modern application architectures (microservices, serverless, event-driven, etc.);
- Experience with platform and cloud migrations;
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI / CD);
- Strong understanding of application, server and network security and compliance requirements;
- Expertise in network architecture including load balancing, DNS, IPSec VPN and active-active / multi-homed data centers;
- Experience in storage design for high availability and disaster recovery;
- Broad understanding of system components and their interactions;
- Experience with enterprise data center applications, solutions and infrastructure;
- Asset - Knowledge of Agile (Scrum) methodology for delivery management;
- AWS, Azure or Google certification.
Sound like you? Apply today.
More about us
FX supports companies in their digital transformation journey by analyzing their business needs and delivering the technological foundations on which they must be built to perform in the digital era.
We are the largest Canadian player to have certifications and formal partnerships with Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud and ServiceNow.
Four market-leading cloud platforms that are strategic in the digital transformation of companies. We aspire to create value for the Canadian economy and position ourselves as an employer of choice for IT