Senior Operations Analyst
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ontario’s capital markets in accordance with the mandate established in the provincial Securities Act and the Commodity Futures Act.
The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair, efficient and competitive capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, to foster capital formation, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk.
This mandate is performed through policy, operational, adjudication and enforcement work. The OSC also contributes to national and global securities regulation development.
We offer a diverse, fair and flexible work environment and take pride in our challenging and rewarding work.
The Enforcement Branch supports the OSC in delivering fair, vigorous and timely enforcement. The Enforcement Branch investigates and litigates breaches of securities laws in Ontario.
Staff works closely with other securities regulators, self-regulatory organizations and law-enforcement agencies to enhance initiatives to fight misconduct.
A strong enforcement presence assists in protecting investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices and fostering fair and efficient markets.
The Business Analytics and Solutions Unit of the Enforcement Branch is currently recruiting for a Senior Operations Analyst to actively identify and implement various strategic initiatives associated with business systems, applications, and processes with a key focus on operational improvements across the various functions within the Enforcement Branch.
This includes working closely with branch colleagues and technology partners in ana effort to continuously strive to improve resource intensive processes, application development and data management to meet evolving branch needs.
What will you do?
Business Analysis & Operational Improvements
- Lead initiatives with enforcement staff and other stakeholders to gather their input or feedback to develop a thorough understanding of the business goals, practices, and processes to identify gaps and translate them into solutions.
- Liaise effectively with both Enforcement Management as well as internal stakeholders and external stakeholders on opportunities to improve processes and collaboratively recommend improvements.
- Analyze business data related to our operations for the purpose of providing strategic advice to the management team and identify developments or improvements that impact the Enforcements operational and regulatory functions.
- Responsible for operational improvements within the Enforcement Branch, with a focus evaluating current functions and processes to streamline the operations and remove non-valued add functions.
This includes :
- Reviewing current state business processes across the Enforcement branch via documentation review, interviews, and facilitate end to end process reviews with enforcement staff and managers
- Identify find new sources of intelligence tools and resources, improving efficiencies around file management, referrals, investigations uptake, and updating resources and tools.
- Evaluate current Enforcement Branch data inventories, their purpose and KPI’s tracked through these data sets.
Central Point of Contact and Stakeholder Engagement
- Act as a subject matter expert for the Enforcement branch, collaborate with technology partners in Information Services and Decision Support branches and provide recommendations to support development of system requirements and design, testing plans, artifacts / deliverables to ensure enforcement branch needs are met.
- Lead meetings with working groups to gather information on the Enforcement Branch’s needs, processes and technology concerns and;
provide relevant input to develop solutions.
- Own and complete relevant work packages through collaboration with multiple stakeholders to prepare for operational readiness, managing deadlines and adjusting to changing work priorities
- Lead, support and / or coordinate with the BAS Manager as the spoke representative for Enforcement on Digital Solutions branch hub initiatives or projects, responsible for gathering the necessary information branch wide or with other OSC branches and stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the manager to resolve process issues related to stakeholder or group decision making, and to assist in identifying appropriate alternative actions where outcomes or processes are not effectively meeting current or anticipated branch needs.
Project Management & Database Requirements
- Participate in projects and strategic initiatives from inception to production, by leading in defining and recommending system enhancements, application design, reporting / data requirements and conversion activities.
- Responsible for gathering a list of Enforcement systems and dependencies by gathering information from various units in the branch to assist the Manager with business continuity planning.
- Provides subject matter expertise to business leads, partners and the project team to assist with Enforcement requirements or process interpretation and provides decision-making on branch needs.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the business goals, practices, and processes to translate them into business and user-requirements that define scope and specifications and submit to project team as appropriate.
What do you need to succeed?
- Formal education and qualifications related to information systems and operational business analysis, in addition to experience articulating business priorities and managing stakeholders including :
- Undergraduate degree in a technology or quantitative discipline or an undergraduate and post-graduate degree in business or a mix of education and experience.
Law firm or regulatory experience is considered an asset
- 5-7 years experience in business systems / process analysis and development, with knowledge of full SDLC and project management processes.
- 5-7 years of professional experience as a consultant or business analyst, preferably in the financial services industry
- 5-7 years of advanced MS Excel experience & MS PowerPoint is a must, this includes experience developing project or consultant presentation.
- Experience with analyzing volumes of data from a variety of sources and formulating data into simple, complete and concise qualitative and quantitative formats.
- Experience working with CRM & Lotus Notes applications is considered a strong asset.
- Experience working with datasets and making queries using applications such as Python or SQL is considered an asset.
- Experience with reporting visualization tools (i.e. Tableau) is considered an asset.
- Have knowledge of operational improvement disciplines (Lean Six Sigma) and experience creating business requirements within the project management discipline is considered an asset.
- Interpersonal, oral / written / presentation communications skills to document and present business needs specifications, reports, project documents, and implementation plans.
- Experience with developing effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Please ensure these are highlighted clearly in your cover letter and / or resume.
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to make a difference and assist the Enforcement Branch and other internal and external stakeholders in implementing strategic initiatives to help protect investors from future harm.
- Work in a dynamic and challenging work environment with a collaborative, progressive and high-performing team.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
Successful candidacy is contingent upon the successful completion of OSC and RCMP clearance.
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC.
This vacancy has been closed