KPIC Maintenance Services Inc. (a member of the FWS Group of Companies) specializing in industrial maintenance services, providing preventative and reactive solutions along with small project retrofits and expansions to our client’s facilities primarily in grain handling, feed mill and food processing.
We are currently seeking skilled Maintenance Millwrights to join our team in Southern Ontario .
To ensure all assigned mechanical related tasks are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner with a high level of quality, using safe work practices acceptable to the customers’ satisfaction.
Competitive wages will be based on qualifications, experience, and position.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities / Competencies
- Utilizes safe work practices and promote safety policies to others. Must maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Proficient in standards, codes, best practices, safe work policies and practices.
- Responsible for safe and conscientious use of equipment including forklift, skidsteer loader, scissor lifts, power tools along with proficiency in safe methods of hoisting and rigging at all times.
- Mechanical equipment inspections, troubleshooting, repairing and preventative maintenance along with installations, dismantling, assembling as per manufacturer specifications and recommended standards.
- Proficient in material take offs, interpreting equipment drawings, including providing accurate layout of the work and building to drawings and specifications along with O+M Manuals to ensure correct maintenance and service has been provided.
- Accurately and effectively uses various types of welding and cutting equipment.
- Supervises laborer’s and resources as required for a specific task.
- Mentors and trains junior workers to develop trade related skills.
- Ability to complete required daily paperwork with legible penmanship and to KPIC standard.
- Responsible for all company tools ensuring they are accounted for at the end of each day. Maintaining a clean tool trailer each and every day.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity in all business interactions and strives to meet customer needs in a creative and safe manner.
- Highly motivated, positive attitude, pleasant demeanor with an ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks while working within a team environment and cross-functional departments as well as independently.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. Knowledge and ability to assemble and commission mechanical systems in addition to understanding of multi hp industrial drives, shafts, bearings, and lubrication.
- Ability to install, examine, diagnose, and adjust various types of industrial and mechanical equipment.
- Understanding of welding principles, including rod selection and pre / post heat theory along with CWB certification (flat minimum and or / all position preferred-SMAW process) considered an asset.
- Ability to work in cold & hot weather / environments and green / brown fields sites subject to grain dust.
- Appropriate level of experience in industrial maintenance / service environment. Agricultural Industry experience considered an asset.
- Enrolled in Apprenticeship program. Journeyman status is an asset.
- Required Safety tickets / training, minimally including a current First Aid Certificate, fall arrest, confined
- space, WHIMIS, CSTS will be considered an asset and preference will be shown towards candidate holding valid & current training.
Proof of training maybe requested.
- Holds no previous safety violation within the FWS Group of Companies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Valid class 5 driver’s license required with driver’s abstract.
- Candidate must be open and flexible to change, work during scheduled shutdowns, shift and, when necessary, overtime hours to accommodate scheduled maintenance of equipment.
- Position will involve overnight trips and travel.
- Multiple shift opportunities available.
- Meals and accommodations provided.
- Night shift premiums.
- Mileage reimbursement provided.
KPIC is a proud member of the FWS Group of Companies and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years.
- Ride Sharing to Site
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Benefits Package, including Group Retirement Program with Employer match Contributions along with Life Insurance, Extended Health Care, Vision Care, Dental and more..
- Health and Wellness Program
- Prescription Safety Eyewear Reimbursement
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks
- Profit Sharing / Bonus Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Apprenticeship and Education Funding Programs
- Onboarding Gear Bag equipped with standard PPE and KPIC branded clothing
- Employee Recognition, Scholarship and Volunteerism Awards for employee’s children
- Annual Protective Clothing Reimbursement & Corporate Clothing Credit
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Onboarding & Referral Incentives
This vacancy has been closed