The impact you’ll make
As a Community Manager at Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, you will be engaging with guests on a personal level, while building their trust in you, our associates and the Sheraton brand.
Whether working in the signature service Sheraton Club Lounge on the 43
floor or in one of our lobby food & beverage gathering places, you will be present to assure our guests that they will receive quality through your professionalism as you seamlessly guide them through their hotel journey.
You will lead by example to welcome, inspire and delight each guest as you express genuine hospitality by providing personalized service that goes beyond expectation.
The Community Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that each and every guest enjoys their visit in our food & beverage Club Lounge and Lobby Venues and leaves with a memorable and lasting impression.
They will be expected to uphold the standards of service beyond the arrival and check-in process through the food and beverage experience of the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel.
The Community Manager embraces the Sheraton vision and brings it to life leading by example in taking pride in being of service to others, notably our Marriott Bonvoy Members.
Always available at a moment’s notice to assist the guest and direct, coach and supervise the associates, offering additional assistance when needed.
The Community Manager always puts the guest first by preparing the team for service and ensuring that the f&b spaces are clean, organized and inviting.
Their attention to detail is meticulous but balanced by a style of service that is engaging while looking for the opportunity to entertain and educate.
They will speak informatively about the space, history and interior features of the hotel utilizing their strong presentation skills.
The manager will require a strong ability to read guest cues to understand the experience the guest desires. They will inspire associates in their service delivery and hold them accountable for delivery our Sheraton Service Promise to customers.
- Passion for Guest Experience : provides exemplary guest service and builds relationships with guests / members to set the standard for employees.
- Time Management : effectively manages time to achieve business goals while satisfying the guest service needs.
- Collaborative : focused on the success of the team not the individual; genuinely willing and able to assist others in any capacity that may be required
- Organized & Efficient : can confidently and quickly respond to guest requests by prioritizing tasks appropriately between execution and operational tasks;
all while maintaining a clean and organized environment
- Knowledge : GXP functions and features, Marriott Bonvoy program, local businesses, entertainment venues, points of interest and tourist attraction and Hotel amenities and surrounding services
- Communication : Provides clean, open, and consistent communication with the guests and staff. Actively listens and receives feedback.
- Problem solving : Responsive, calm, creative and flexible to ensure operations continue to run smoothly in the face of the unexpected.
Key Roles :
- Be enthusiastic, energetic, and approachable while demonstrating a genuine positive demeanor throughout the shift whilst motivating and leading the team
- Manage and oversee the food and beverage operations through action, table touches and continuous presence on the floor and through the service periods
- Hiring, developing, training and coaching staff
- Work with Human Resources to performance manage team where applicable
- Works to ensure a working environment that is both inclusive and collaborative with team members promoting a strong service focused culture
- Be knowledgeable of and educate others on Marriott Bonvoy program
Club Lounge Detailed Responsibilities
Guest Experience :
- Exemplify the Sheraton Club signature service by upholding and promoting standards, leading by example
- Presence begins at the entry of the Club Lounge to ensure seamless execution of service, maintain guest recognition standards and provide assistance to Associates when needed
- 100% table touches and guest interaction in dining and lounge space
- Identify and act accordingly to guests’ service preferences
- Proactive communication with Associates to assess and positively impact morale and culture while simultaneously evaluating skill and operational effectiveness
- Conduct daily shift briefing with Service team, updates and education on product, projected shift sales and upcoming events and promotions
- In house expert on food and beverage program
- Assist in the coordination and execution of special events
- Any other duties to support the customer experience
Administrative Responsibilities :
- Daily review and reporting of sales and labour; actuals vs projections
- Ensures that the staff in the food and beverage venues are being developed through overseeing management performance reviews
- Manages inventories; ensures that weekly inventory counts are completed, correct and action plan areas of concern, loss or waste
- Manages scheduling to business demands; ensures that the venues have the number and quality staff and management required for the business
- Responsible for recruitment and final selection of new staff, development, and training plan
- Attends location financial meetings as required : updates senior management on outlets sales, control, people, standards
Education and Job Requirements :
- Minimum of 5 years of Food and Beverage leadership experience
- Experience in a multi-outlet / venue environment considered an asset
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to : POS, inventory software, excel and word
- Food Safety Course and W.H.M.I.S.
- Must be able to carry and lift items weighing 25lbs, must be able to stoop and bend, twist and turn to perform essential job functions
- Must be able to stand and move for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays based on business needs
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
This vacancy has been closed